Oh yes, the first dance! As easy as it may seem, sometimes picking that perfect song doesn't come so easy. The floor is set and you make your way as the newlywed couple. The song takes cue and...will it be a timeless classic? How about an entertaining bit with a lace of humor? Romantic or heartfelt?
Whatever you go with, we are sure you'll find the perfect one. Until then here are some tips as you navigate your way along the sound waves.
Have an tips you want to share? What are some of your experiences? Feel free to comment below and/or share this post.
1. Make sure you and your partner figure out what kind of genre/style you want.
- This may seem like a no brainer, but selecting that style which speaks to both of you will be an important first step in finding that perfect song.
2. Listen to the lyrics
- Does the song tell your story as a couple? Does it capture the quality of what you both share together?
- You are going to be dancing, make sure you find the right beat you can dance to. Again, this will also depend on what style/genre you want to go with -- will it be a slow dance? Will it start slow and transition to something more uptempo?
4. Have fun
- All in all, enjoy the process of picking your first song. Don't be afraid to explore uncharted territory and express yourselves as a couple.
5. Trust your gut
- You and your spouse will come upon the right song and there will be no doubt. When that connection is made, it will also be translated onto the dance floor. Trust it.
This post was done in collaboration with Rosey Gonzales